Monday, April 14, 2008

Taco Casserole

I just found this recipe that I had got from a friend years ago. I was hesitant to try it, because it didn't sound very good. My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I will be making it again soon. It was so easy. I put it together in the morning and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to put it in the oven. 

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 pkg taco seasoning
8 oz taco sauce (1 cup)
1 c sour cream
1 c cottage cheese
1 c crushed tortilla chips
1 c cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 400. Grease bottom of 2 qt casserole dish. 

In a skillet brown ground meat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic and cook until vegetables are tender. Add seasoning mix and taco sauce.

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese.

Place half of the crushed chips in bottom of casserole dish. Add meat mixture, followed by cheese mixture. Top with cheese and remaining chips. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted.

No comments: